Big Blue Bargains is an all-volunteer, school run thrift store. We are open every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 and Saturday from 9:00-1:00, with each school volunteering for a week. The school rotation schedule works out to just six hours every six weeks! The income received goes directly back to your school.
Since opening in 2012, we have donated $60,000 to the schools!
What’s in it for you if you volunteer?
- Less need to fundraise at your school or write a personal check
- Minimal time commitment
- Ample time to plan ahead to volunteer
- Fifty percent off the day you volunteer (at least 2 hrs)
- Minimal tagging of items due to new pricing system
- Helping the Swampscott community with recycle and reuse efforts
- Opportunity to connect with new people
Every school has a sign up coordinator who works on getting two volunteers for each day. We realize that committing to four hours on Saturday may be difficult. Therefore, we welcome flexibility with scheduling such as two volunteers working 9:00-11:00 and two working 11:00-1:00. We also welcome teachers, administrators, relatives, and students 15 years and older to volunteer for your school.
Go to our website, bigbluebargains.org, and click on the page “Link to Volunteer Sign Ups”. Here you will find the school coordinator information and the link to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Coordinators: Clarke: Allison Duffy, Hadley: Val Sweeney, Stanley: Julie Phaneuf, SMS: Jen Townsend, SHS: Susan Gambal