Extended Day is in full swing but we always have room for your student to enroll.
If you are interested in enrolling please contact the Director Lisa Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget about our first Early Release Friendship Themed Day on Thursday, October 5th!
Would you like a safe, fun environment to bond with your family? Please join us for an evening of Mother & Sons baseball on Saturday June 10th at 5:00 pm at the North Shore navigators Fraser Field in Lynn.
Price: $40 per couple, $20 for each additional boy aged 6 and up
The Price includes: a Pre-game tailgate party keepsake photo, themed goody bag, on field activities, pizza and beverages!
Limited tickets available! Please purchase tickets at www.fortheloveofswampscott.org
We would like to invite you to a Kindergarten Information Evening on Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30 PM at the Swampscott Middle School in the Little Theater. The evening will be an opportunity to hear about a typical day in your child’s kindergarten day including information regarding the curriculum and schedule. In addition, there will be a panel of specialists from the district in the areas of health, social emotional development, student services and kindergarten readiness to answer any questions.
The following are some updates to the registration process this year:
- Kindergarten school assignment letters will be mailed on or before August 15thto allow for balanced class sizes in the district. Please note that siblings are placed at the same school unless there is an individual need for specialized district programming.
- Kindergarten screening will occur during the first three days of school, Tuesday, August 29ththrough August 31st with the first FULL day of school Tuesday, September 5th. Special Education laws require that all children be screened upon entrance into kindergarten. The screening is a non-intensive scan of your child’s learning skills and abilities and lasts approximately 30 minutes. The purpose of the screening is to identify any learning issues that may exist which may require further evaluation and/or special education services.
The screening addresses the following developmental areas: social interaction, visual-motor/adaptive skills, language and cognition, and gross motor/body awareness. The screening measures how your child learns, not how much he/she has learned. Vision and Hearing screenings will occur during the first month of school.
Kindergarten teachers feel the screening is a critical opportunity for the teachers to get to know each child and to make balanced classes for the school year in areas of learning and social emotional development. A balanced class will allow for a successful transition into kindergarten and an optimal learning environment for each child as they embark on their educational journey in the Swampscott Public Schools.
We look forward to meeting each and every one of Swampscott’s entering kindergarten class in the fall. We look forward to meeting parents at the Kindergarten Information Night June 6th at 6:30PM in the Little Teacher at the Swampscott Middle School.
In the meantime, if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call Martha Raymond, Director of Student Services.
It’s important for you to have your library card so you can check out your materials at the library. Don’t miss out!
So, how about this? Take a picture of your card on your phone or download either the CardStar or KeyRing app, and put your card on there.
The next time you come to the Swampscott Public Library, show Janina and she’ll enter your name for a drawing to win a gift certificate to Popo’s. She might also give you a little gift just for participating…
Deadline for drawing will be July 5th, 2017
Big Blue Bargains is an all-volunteer, school run thrift store. We are open every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 and Saturday from 9:00-1:00, with each school volunteering for a week. The school rotation schedule works out to just six hours every six weeks! The income received goes directly back to your school.
Since opening in 2012, we have donated $60,000 to the schools!
What’s in it for you if you volunteer?
- Less need to fundraise at your school or write a personal check
- Minimal time commitment
- Ample time to plan ahead to volunteer
- Fifty percent off the day you volunteer (at least 2 hrs)
- Minimal tagging of items due to new pricing system
- Helping the Swampscott community with recycle and reuse efforts
- Opportunity to connect with new people
Every school has a sign up coordinator who works on getting two volunteers for each day. We realize that committing to four hours on Saturday may be difficult. Therefore, we welcome flexibility with scheduling such as two volunteers working 9:00-11:00 and two working 11:00-1:00. We also welcome teachers, administrators, relatives, and students 15 years and older to volunteer for your school.
Go to our website, bigbluebargains.org, and click on the page “Link to Volunteer Sign Ups”. Here you will find the school coordinator information and the link to sign up to volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
2015 Coordinators: Clarke: Allison Duffy, Hadley: Val Sweeney, Stanley: Julie Phaneuf, SMS: Jen Townsend, SHS: Susan Gambal
This year, Swampscott’s last day of school will be held on Friday, June 23rd, 2017. The last two days of school will be a noon dismissal for students and school year staff. We would like to thank everyone for an amazing year and we look forward to seeing you in the fall!
To schedule a fingerprinting appointment online please follow the directions below or call 1-866-349-8130 to schedule appointment over the phone:
1. Go to the website: www.ma.ibtfingerprint.com and click “Schedule a New Appointment”
2. Under Agency/Sector please select “Pre-K-12th Grade Education”
3. If you hold a DESE License please select “Licensed Educator”
All others should select “All Other School Personnel”
4. Swampscott Public Schools Provider ID Code is 02910000. You may provide up to 10 district Provider ID Codes to eliminate the need to pay the fee multiple times. This should be done at the time you schedule your fingerprint appointment. Results will remain confidential and be filed in the Superintendent’s Office. You will only be contacted if results were found unsuitable.
Other Surrounding Provider ID Codes:
To find other districts please go to:http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/
For more information please visit:
For general questions about the new law and its requirements, please call the Executive Office of Education at (617) 979-8340
Swampscott Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Mr. Tom Daniels, Principal
10 Whitman Rd
Swampscott, MA 01907
Hours: 8:15am – 2:15pm